Thursday, January 28, 2010

Kangeiko Day 4

Day 4: Sankajo

Kihon Dosa: Tai no Henko-2, to keep the center while moving esp. step2 (for Sankajo reverse pivot)
Sankajo: To remember the feeling of hands arms, and hips.

Shomen Uchi Sankajo Osae-1 (I forgot to go through by the numbers)
Suwariwaza Shomen Uchi Sankajo Osae-1 (I forgot to go through, "all way through with the second side people)
Shomen Uchi Sankajo Osae-2

Shomen Uchi Sankajo Nage-Forward (Kagarigeiko)
Shomen Uchi Sankajo Nage-Turn around (Kagarigeiko)

Class of 8, plus 2 teachers and me. I had a plan...still missed a lot of points to make...that created a quite bit of gaps between what I wanted the class to do, and they actually could have done. Its really hard to fill those gap at that moment even knowing that exists in the air. Its like...seeing something they are expecting to be explained or told but not knowing how to fill and push it through without enough explanation.

Its got much easier once teachers got off the mat, to leave for work...its hard enough to do a class and its even harder having senior teachers on the same mat.

Anyways, the message has to be delivered clearly, at the stage where I am at...I think its better to keep it simple too.


No comments: