Tuesday, January 8, 2013

First Class 2013

Jan 7 Kids First Class in Takatsu:

Test training. It was nice to see all the 7 kids got together for the first time in a month, holidays do the tricks ;) 

5 kids are testing at the end of the month and they seem pretty keen. Although, it had been a while for some of the kids to be back on the mat, that made a class a little bit "getting back the feeling" all way through the class.

First Test Training, it was bad...I was sad...it didn't flow at all...my shoulder was having a stiff bump and it made the training very poor...got fixed a little bit and tried jiyuwaza walk through. Its gotten much better and I was much happier.


Jan 8 First Class in Roppongi, (and half hour test training with Stumpy)

Jiyuwaza walk through:

Shomen Uchi & Shomen Tsuki
Training with Stumpy makes it obvious that I tend to come up (meaning coming off kamae) since he is much taller than me. Also, I find myself getting ready and jump as I can see how far I have to go to make my breakfalls. I may have to be quick and ready but I don't know if I really should jump that much. I guess it takes a lot of getting used to and moving in the flow.

Shomen Iriminage, it was very heavy when I first tried...was not very nice. Heaviness means force...it turned out that I was not waiting long enough for my big uke to fall into the spot he loses his balance, its easy to say...

The best thing to realize was that I don't think I have to worry about if the techniques are come while doing Jiyuwaza. I have enough variety to make a set of throws for the basic attacks.

First Class: first week after the holiday is not so easy. the first week hurts always, this has to be done, and its started.



No comments: