Monday, January 31, 2011

Kangeiko 2011- Day 1

Shihonage

The biggest class of the year, 6 students with Mike Sensei, Kangeiko Day 1...!




Shumatsu Dosa

Ryote Mochi Shihonage-1
Katate Mochi Shihonage-2
Hanmi Handachi Ryote Mochi Shihonage
Yokomen Uchi Shihonage-1

It was really nice having 6 students on the mat for Kangeiko Day1.
Its always fun to do Aikido but it sure is different having many people on the mat.

What is "FUN" anyway? Ah, that is a big word...but I can name my fun or at least one of them.

When I am thrown hard, I really have to take it right and well, but when it happens...its really fun.
Its like a conversation without a word goes so well between the two people or something.........
I think its likely to happen when Shite has no fear of throwing people (for getting hurt).
Throwing hard is really an important factor of the training, yet not to hurt each other is also an important factor...
I am less fearful for getting hurt but to hurt others...Maybe thats something I can focus on.

No comments: