Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Self Defense Demo

Self Defense Demo

At a school festival in Yokohama, there were probably around 50 people in the audience (many senior people) and they seemed to like people being beating up, GO AIKIDO : )



It went okay...although I have to say that I was saved by Okamoto san, far better than me person doing the attacker (he had to go down!).

Self defense hurts pretty badly if you do it right...as its supposed to be the purpose...DUH! 
I couldn't hide the hesitation of the fear of hurting the attacker, which really was a silly thing even to think since he knows better, he can take care of himself even better than I could have...

I guess the biggest lesson I learned from this demo was that how difficult but important to make the right move at the right time without hesitation.

And of course...the feeling of that I am not YET no where near from these people far better than me... ; )



No comments: